2021 Youth Delegate Program
Annually, the Delaware County Electric Cooperative (DCEC), sponsors a “Legislative Youth Tour” providing a selected youth-delegate the opportunity to travel to Washington D.C. to meet with our nations political leaders and learn about our Nation’s legislative process.
This year that trip to Washington D.C. has been canceled due to COVID-19 related concerns. DCEC wanted to still give back to the community but in a safe and healthy way. Therefore, the Cooperative will be awarding a scholarship to the selected student delegate.
· Be a son/daughter of a member of DCEC.
· Be in their junior (11th grade) year.
· Have at least a “B” average or better.
· Participate in extra-curricular activities and
· Be available to participate in DCEC
sponsored events such as Family Fun Day and Annual Meeting.
· Complete and submit the application by March 15, 2021. CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION.
· Submit a one page student essay
· Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or administrator.
· Submit a copy of your family’s DCEC electric bill.
· Once applications are submitted an
interview will be scheduled via Zoom on March 23rd.